Proud mama moment … I can happily say my husband and I have never:
- dreaded bedtime
- dealt with “cry it out”
- experienced bedtime or nap time tantrums
- read books about, or tried “sleep training”
- had to bring our babies into our bed to help them sleep
Really proud mama moment … Since our twin toddlers were 4 months old, we have:
- enjoyed uninterrupted nights of SLEEP!
- babies who nap regularly at daycare and on the weekend with no fussing
- babies who wake in the morning with smiles on their faces
- a few sacred hours of “us time” every night since establishing a consistent bedtime routine
Fear not, twin (and singleton) parents, good sleep doesn’t have to be a dream! I want to share how we’ve gone from Rock-N-Play newborns to toddlers in their own cribs (and room) with everyone in our family catching full nights of peaceful, uninterrupted sleep.
*I am not an expert or medical professional. This post is written from personal experience and is not meant to be used in place of medical advice. Please consult your pediatrician for the latest information on safe sleep practices.
GOOD SLEEPING HABITS HAVE TO BE LEARNED
Let me just start by saying my husband and I are old souls when it comes to protecting our ZzzzZzzz. We love to sleep. So naturally when we found out 2 babies were on the way, we began preparing ourselves to kiss sleep goodbye. We were told over and over that it would be a nightmare getting twins to sleep at the same time, so we had our minds made up that it was going to be a battle from the start. Surprisingly enough, we’ve enjoyed full nights of peaceful slumber since the girls were about 4 months old! Our sleep journey has been a really amazing one so far, and I’m hoping we’ll always have good nights!